Subject: Strange message on execution of binary
From: [email-masked] (Anthony Tuininga)

16 Oct 1998 08:20:00 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
To: [email-masked]

I compiled a binary using egcs-1.1, mingw32 configuration on WinNT SP3. When
I run the application I get the following

The application or DLL C:\WINNT\System32\CTL3D.DLL is not a valid Windows NT
image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

The application still runs and works normally other than that but the
message is rather annoying... :-)

Interestingly enough, an objdump -p tells me that CTL3D.DLL is not being
used by the application. I do have a resource file compiled using windres
(980830). Perhaps there is some style or other such thing which tells it to
try using the 16-bit versions of things? Or is it something else? I looked
in the FAQ and found nothing. I looked in the e-mail archives and the only
reference to this problem (same message but different DLL) indicated that I
should be using egcs, which I am. At the moment I am at a loss and any help
would be appreciated. Thanks.

Anthony
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".