Subject: RE: *** missing separator. Stop. error when running make
From: [email-masked] (John Archer)

15 Oct 1998 21:21:59 -0700
Message-ID: <A92630D81F17D2119C7F0000F8D0BC700209B5.cygnus.gnu-win32@EXCHANGE>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: Alexei Karpov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi

Alexei Karpov wrote:
	>>My makefile has string which contain ( f.e. ) next text :
	>>echo I do not know why it's does not work.
	>>When I run make utility I get next error : *** missing
separator.  Stop.

	>>Under Unix it works properly, why it does not work
	>>under CygWin32. May be anybody has ever had the
	>>same error.

I get this problem if I have inadvertently used a text editor that
replaces tab characters with spaces.
Putting the tab characters back again, solves the problem.

John Archer

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".