Subject: experience with TCL/TK with CygWin32
From: [email-masked] (Michael Richardson)

15 Oct 1998 14:21:05 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

  The libtcl.a and libtk.a files are present in the CygWin tree. I'm 
just wondering if there are people who have experience with these, and
if you have had any problems? We did not realize that it was already there,
and started trying to figure out how we were going to build the stuff in
tcl8.0.3/win with CygWin.
  More to the point: is it possible to simply link the Win32 distribution of
TCL/TK (which comes in DLL form) to our Cygwin application. 

  We will need to upgrade to 8.0.3. (b19 has 8.0.2). 

  From looking at my build of b19 (as a cross compiler) it appears that 
CygWin has built the *unix* version of Tcl under CygWin32. I am suspicious
that this means that Tk has been built against X11 rather than Win32 GDK.

   :!mcr!:            |  Solidum Systems Corporation, http://www.solidum.com
   Michael Richardson |For a better connected world,where data flows faster<tm>
 Personal: <A HREF="http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html">[email-masked]</A>. PGP key available.
 Corporate: <A HREF="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>. 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".