Subject: BASH.EXE: No more processes ?
From: [email-masked] (Enoch Wu)

15 Oct 1998 13:48:06 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

Installation of B19.1 was successful on 1 computer.  On another computer
running Windows 95, which had successful B18 installation a while ago,
B19 did not run well.  Well, I'm not quite sure if this installation bears
any relation to the beta versions.  

I've a strange work around.  If I run Procomm Plus for DOS on Windows 95
just to cause an error exit, I can then run BASH as smoothly as ever.
Here is a description of BASH.EXE error (if I don't run Procomm to "init"
my computer):

$ps          (   ps or mount, ls, and many more ... same effect)

fork_helper:  ResumeThread failed, rc=2
BASH.EXE:  No more processes

-----------------
I uninstalled McAfee Virus checker since the FAQ clued me to it.  Rebooted
and uninstalled and rebooted and reinstalled usertools.exe with the
new cygwinb19.dll update 1.  I still get the "fork" problem.

I need your help on this.

Enoch

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".