Subject: need help with sockets and STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
From: [email-masked] (Daniel Major)

15 Oct 1998 08:53:34 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi.

I'm porting a server written for linux and trying to get it to run on
Windows 95.  I can compile it without any problem, but when I run it I
always get a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION exception when someone connects to
the server.  I've pinpointed the problem to when I try to read() from a
socket (tried two different programs and one of my own to test) and it
always returns this error.  I'm hoping that this is a problem that many
people will know and will be able to solve without thinking about it,
but I can send some example code if not.

Thanks
Daniel Major
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".