Subject: All network ports in use
From: [email-masked] (Ian Collins)

14 Oct 1998 14:34:47 -0700
Message-ID: <AC4D3D80B239D211BC140000F879A2BA0AE4ED.cygnus.gnu-win32@NTMAIL>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "Gnu-Win32 (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

I have finally managed to link up a cygwinb19.dll. (That was a mission,
which I now have documented - and will distribute if anyone is
interested).
The only code I have changed is in winsup: fhandler_tty.h NTTYS from 16
to 64.

In addition, I have installed Sergeys tty.diff patch, and also used
Sergeys ps.cc code from his web page.

Some questions:

I am still getting "All network ports in use" after 15 telnet
connections.
I tried a fresh reboot, and started telnetting again. It allocated tty1,
tty2, ... tty15 and then I get the error message on the next telnet
connection.
If I then start a bash session on the actual server, I get "No free tty
available!".
In fact, I tried a fresh reboot again, and tried to open multiple bash
sessions on the server, and got the same problem (ie., tty1 ... tty15
OK, then splat).

IDEAS PLEASE!!!!

The next question is general configuration:
When I made the source, the cygwin dll was created as 
/usr/src/obj/winsup/new-cygwindevo.dll.

When I did a make install, this WAS NOT installed into the /Cygnus/B19
tree.
So I copied it manually to /Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/cygwinb19.dll.
Whenever I did anything after that (e.g., ps, telnet, ...), I got an NT
error saying that cygwinb19.dll was not a valid dll.
I then moved cygwinb19.dll to cygwindevo.dll (on a whim), and everything
worked. (Except for > 15 sessions).

How do I make winsup create a cygwinb19.dll instead of a
cygwindevo.dll?, and why didn't make install install the winsup stuff?
(I had to copy the winsup/tools executables to the bin directory as
well).

Hoping this made a vague sort of sense.
Many Regards,
Ian Collins.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".