Subject: pe-i386 to a.out-i386 conversion
From: [email-masked] (Hal Rosenstock)

14 Oct 1998 10:03:26 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I have built a version of objcopy (and objdump) which can convert
between pe-i386 and a.out-i386 formats. I am trying to take a pe-i386
object and convert it for use with a.out-i386.

The pe-i386 object has the following sections when I objdump it:
..debug$F, .text, and .data.

When I run it through objcopy
(objcopy --output-target=a.out-i386 foo.obj), I get error messages as
follows:
BFD: st001087: can not represent section name 'xxx' in a.out object file
format
../objcopy: st001087: Nonrepresentable section on output
for the .text and .debug$F sections above.

Can I strip out the .debug$F sections (are these for debugging) ?

Could the problem be related to the fact that the attributes are link
once one only for the code (.text) and link once and discard for
..debug$F ?

Thanks.

-- Hal Rosenstock
    [email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".