Subject: gnu-win32 without registry entries?
From: [email-masked]

14 Oct 1998 09:36:02 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

As far as I can tell, the only thing the registry entries are used for is 
to set up the simulated mounts, with the binary text options.

How much trouble would it be to do this with a mount table as per Linux, 
instead of putting it in the registry?  

One reason I ask is that I work for a big company and our IS people want 
everyone to have standard registry entries.  It seems to me that everything 
else I really need works without messing with the registry.

Other than that, I'm really quite pleased with cyg-win/gnu-win.

John Velman
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".