Subject: Cygnus/EGCS Windows NT port of PostgreSQL
From: [email-masked] (Joost Kraaijeveld)

14 Oct 1998 08:42:52 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Gnu-Win32 (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>,
        "Egcs (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

Hi everybody,

We  have succeeded in porting PostgreSQL to Windows NT.

PostgreSQL is a sophisticated Object-Relational DBMS, supporting almost all
SQL constructs, including subselects, transactions, and user-defined types
and functions. It is the most advanced open-source database available
anywhere.

Allthought it runs on Windows NT (and allmost most unix flavours) additional
Windows work has to be done. The three most important things (not in any
particular order) are:

1. Changen open() andd fopen() calls so that there is no need to mount the
directories binary.
2. Creating (a) dll(s) so we don't have to link staticaly.
3. Solving some regression test problems (numeric and date-time stuff).

If anyone feels the need to help, please do. Information on the project is
at:

The PostgreSQL home page:  http://www.postgresql.org
The unofficial PostgreSQL for Windows NT home page:
http://www.askesis.nl/AskesisPostgresIndex.html (very under construction)

Joost

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".