Subject: Help: defines for RPC?
From: [email-masked] (Randy Campbell)

13 Oct 1998 09:26:40 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "Randy Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

I'm trying to compile a program that needs to access the WIN32 RPC
interfaces,
and having trouble getting through the headers.

For instance, I get a parse error in winnt.h because, apparently, "__asm"
isn't defined.
This is in a section of winnt.h ifdef'd " _M_IX86", which I have defined on
the gcc
command line.  I'm not sure if I should do that -- it seems like the kind of
architecture-
based define that should be automatic.

I get a lot of other, similar parse failures, so my question is more general
that just
the above situation:

    What command line defines should I define in order to work with the RPC
    interfaces?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Randy

PS: details of make output, if you want it:

gcc -DWIN32 -D_M_IX86 -c -I. -I"//c/Program Files/DevStudio/VC/include"
math_s.c
^M
In file included from //c/Program Files/DevStudio/VC/include/windef.h:145,^M
                 from //c/Program
Files/DevStudio/VC/include/windows.h:122,^M
                 from //c/Program Files/DevStudio/VC/include/rpc.h:16,^M
                 from math.h:13,^M
                 from math_s.c:14:^M
//c/Program Files/DevStudio/VC/include/winnt.h:199: warning: unnamed
struct/unio
n that defines no instances^M
//c/Program Files/DevStudio/VC/include/winnt.h:218: warning: unnamed
struct/unio
n that defines no instances^M
//c/Program Files/DevStudio/VC/include/winnt.h: In function
`Int64ShllMod32':^M
In file included from //c/Program Files/DevStudio/VC/include/windef.h:145,^M
                 from //c/Program
Files/DevStudio/VC/include/windows.h:122,^M
                 from //c/Program Files/DevStudio/VC/include/rpc.h:16,^M
                 from math.h:13,^M
                 from math_s.c:14:^M
//c/Program Files/DevStudio/VC/include/winnt.h:373: parse error before `{'^M
//c/Program Files/DevStudio/VC/include/winnt.h: In function
`Int64ShraMod32':^M
//c/Program Files/DevStudio/VC/include/winnt.h:389: parse error before `{'^M
//c/Program Files/DevStudio/VC/include/winnt.h: In function
`Int64ShrlMod32':^M
//c/Program Files/DevStudio/VC/include/winnt.h:405: parse error before `{'^M
//c/Program Files/DevStudio/VC/include/winnt.h: At top level:^M
//c/Program Files/DevStudio/VC/include/winnt.h:1273: syntax error before
`PVOID'

.... and it continues in the same vein for another 2400 lines.  The program
is only about
100 lines, not counting the midl-generated stub code.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".