Subject: Re: gnu-win32 B19: gdb and template
From: [email-masked] (Xiaomao Xiao)

13 Oct 1998 09:09:42 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by tm-edit 7.106)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: Alexandre Oliva <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Hi there:

I think that I use the latest egcs.  My gcc is egcs-2.91.57.  But my gdb is
probably 'old.'  It is 4.16-B19.  I couldn't find a gdb 4.17.  So I decided to
build one myself.  But the configuration stage failed: cannot find a compatible
ld.  My ld is 2.9.4 (with BFD 980830).  Any idea what I should do with this
kind of situation?  Do you know where I can get a precompiled binary of gdb
4.14?  Thanks.

>>>>> "Alexandre" == Alexandre Oliva <[email-masked]> writes:

Alexandre> Xiaomao Xiao <[email-masked]> writes:
>> I recently tried to debug a c++ program with templates on my Windows NT box
>> installed with gnu-win32 B19.

Alexandre> Have you installed egcs?  AFAIK, gnu-win32 B19 comes with gcc 2.7.*,
Alexandre> run gcc -v to check.  gcc 2.7 has some bugs in the generation of
Alexandre> debugging information and, AFAIK, so does gdb 4.16.  You may want to
Alexandre> install gdb 4.17 too.

Alexandre> -- Alexandre Oliva mailto:[email-masked] mailto:[email-masked]
Alexandre> mailto:[email-masked] http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva Universidade
Alexandre> Estadual de Campinas, SP, Brasil

-- 

Xiaomao

=================================================================
Xiaomao (Mark) Xiao                  E-Mail: [email-masked]
C-MOLD                                  TEL: (607) 257-4949 x 699
31 Dutch Mill Road                      FAX: (607) 257-6355
Ithaca, NY 14850                        URL: http://www.cmold.com
=================================================================
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".