Subject: Re: Alternate shell
From: [email-masked] (Alexander Gotlib)

13 Oct 1998 04:01:09 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=koi8-r
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: JJ Streicher-Bremer <[email-masked]>
Cc: CygWin32 <[email-masked]>

Hail there JJ Streicher-Bremer.

> I am using Sergey's sshd to connect to my NT40 box (thanks for the great
> work Sergey).  I am interested in using a non POSIX shell (ie 4nt.exe not
> bash.exe).  I know it sounds crazy, but I like the shell.  The problem I am
> having is the arrow keys are not working for command line history, instead
> they move the cursor up and down the screen.  Has anyone tried this?  Any
> ideas?

	I think that it is a problem with terminal that you use. Try to export
TERM=linux, you must have /etc/termcap of course...

                                  ÷ÓÅÇÏ ÈÏÒÏÛÅÇÏ... Bye É Ô.Ä É Ô.Ð.
                                                 Alexander Gotlib.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".