Subject: X11 and stuff
From: [email-masked] (jik-)

12 Oct 1998 21:19:37 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

I am trying to compile X11 libs and can't do it....
1) the patch would not apply correctly, so I edited all the files by
hand :\  Almost every hunk failed!  I even tried Linux patch...
2) even then it would not compile..."Makefile.proto: missing seperator
line 27" etc....
This is at a line which says "XCOMM" and had a tailing ^M which I
removed with a perl script and it got worst :\  Instead of ignoring it
and trying to continue, it just stopped right there..
3) Why are all the X11 binaries in *.a format??  If it wasn't for that I
would be using them instead, but I do not like the idea of all my
programs having Xaw or whatever compiled directly into the executable.
And at that if they are,...it seems pointless to then compile libX11 as
a *.dll doesn't it??

So, if anyone can help me with this,...or if anyone has compiled thier
X11 libs as dlls and would somehow give me access to a copy, I would
appreciate it.

Also, whoever compiled joe, how did you do it?  I ran into some
conflicting prototype somewere and it puked.

And, off the subject,....were can I find win32 API docs online?  I am
wishing to write a cross-platform lib in Objective-C and need access to
the info...

--
Noah Roberts (jik-)
http://home.sprintmail.com/~fract/
http://members.xoom.com/jik_/

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".