Subject: Compiling newlib/libc/stdlib
From: [email-masked] (Ian Collins)

12 Oct 1998 02:30:08 -0700
Message-ID: <AC4D3D80B239D211BC140000F879A2BA0AE49C.cygnus.gnu-win32@NTMAIL>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
To: "Gnu-Win32 (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

I downloaded newlib-980824.tar.bz2 and winsup-980929.tar.bz2 from 

ftp.cygnus.com/pub/noer/winsup-snapshot  

I get the following errors when making these,

When compiling /usr/src/newlib/libc/stdlib/mlock.c, I get an error from
line 4 of malloc.h (located in /usr/src/newlib/libc/stdlib/malloc.h)
which says,

#define _PTR mptr

but mptr isn't defined. I can get over it by adding a define for mptr to
(void *).

The next error is

mstats.c:109: return-type is an incomplete type
mstats.c: in function mallinfo

Not sure what to do about this one.
Has anyone else seen errors like this? Should I go to a previous newlib
snapshot?

Regards,
Ian.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".