Subject: RE:select() returns 0 (NT4.0)
From: [email-masked] (Matthias Weng)

9 Oct 1998 17:05:29 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi there,
the problem isn't a bug, its a mistake in the select call. All the worry
was caused by a wrong value for the size of the bitfield. The call must
contain the number of bits to examine and not the size of (sizeof()) the
structure. I'm sorry for blaming B19 for my own fault.

wrong :
res = select(sizeof(fd_var), &fd_read, &fd_write, &fd_except,
&nulltime);

right :
res = select(sizeof(fd_var) *8, &fd_read, &fd_write, &fd_except,
&nulltime);                     ^^^

Thanks for all the folks who invested some thoughts or some time in this
problem

--Matthias Weng

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".