Subject: Re: Compiling V, cygnus DLL
From: [email-masked] (Alain CULOS)

9 Oct 1998 09:26:16 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: cygwin <[email-masked]>

Stipe Tolj wrote:

> > My goal is to compile programs using the V interface, and it seems not
> > to be that simple.
>
> No, it isn't that hard. I'm currently working on it and compiled the latest
> V-1.20 using the Windows GUI under cygwin32 b19.2 and using the X version too
> (with some errors still).
>
> There will be a port package of v-1.20 for cygwin32 available at my web site
> (see below) in some days.

What do you mean a port ???

V1.17 and V1.18 compiled nearly out of the box for me with both cygwin and
mingw32 (g++ 2.8.0 if my memory is correct).

When I say nearly out of the box, I mean I only struggled on the makefile since
I'm no expert and I struggled to find out there is a problem finding String.h in
certain circumstances (not a V problem) and the work around is to put strings.h
in an include directory that's in the include path (not the original C/C++
include directory). I'm sure I forgot to mention another small change, but I
could check the differences between the official release and my sources, most
certainly tiny, although you'd have to bear with V 1.18 if you want my help.
There is also a problem about a print dialog, but if you don't need to print it's
OK. Besides I understand the problem has been fixed in V1.20 or there is
information available about it on the V site and/or mailing list.
I would expect things to be even smoother with V1.20 and mingw32/egcs 1.1, but
maybe I'm wrong there.
I'll wait for the next upgrade (V 2?) before I change my version of V.

The V mailing list is very useful for these problems, there are not many replies
but with a bit of patience, you get just what you need.

I hope I helped a bit,
Alain.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :
Pour me répondre, veuillez enlever le Z de mon adresse.
To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".