Subject: MFC with egcs 1.1 (Was: MFC with CygWin)
From: [email-masked] (Thomas Nichols)

9 Oct 1998 02:20:45 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Hello,

what is the status of attempts to access the MFC DLLs from egcs? If the
name-mangling schemes are incompatible, will this remain true in
perpetuity, or are there plans to allow MS-style name mangling as an option
to gcc?

I am unclear whether MS regards MFC as a proprietary product (as suggested
by the licenses that compiler vendors like Watcom have to pay to include
it), or a part of the OS, effectively an extension of the "open" MS
Platform SDK. I need to learn MFC pronto, and don't really want to have to
buy VC++ 6 (which I don't otherwise need) just in order to do so.

All suggestions most welcome,

Thanks,

Thomas.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".