Subject: B19: Zero size files under NT SP3
From: [email-masked] (Neal Richter)

8 Oct 1998 18:04:57 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hello,
    I just downloaded cdk.exe (beta 19).

    After executing cdk.exe, the "setup" program was unable to start
because it couldn't find the "setup.lid" file.  I downloaded the
"usertools.exe" and executed it to expant to the same directory.  Sure
enough it had the missing file.  I then rexecuted cdk.exe and was then
able to start the "setup" program to install the full version.

    I can't execute c++.  I get this error:

Cygnus Cygwin32 B19
bash-2.01$ c++
c++: installation problem, cannot exec `d:\neal\unix
tools\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin3
2\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\../../../../i386-cygwin32\bin\ld.exe':
Permi
ssion denied
bash-2.01$

 I traced it to the files in
 "D:\neal\UNIX Tools\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\i386-cygwin32\bin".

All of them have 0 (ZERO) size and so can't execute
drwxr-xr-x   9 0        everyone        0 Oct  7 12:15 .
drwxr-xr-x   5 0        everyone        0 Oct  7 12:15 ..
-rwxr-xr-x   1 0        everyone        0 Feb 26  1998 ar.exe
-rwxr-xr-x   1 0        everyone        0 Feb 26  1998 as.exe
-rwxr-xr-x   1 0        everyone        0 Feb 26  1998 dlltool.exe
-rwxr-xr-x   1 0        everyone        0 Feb 26  1998 ld.exe
-rwxr-xr-x   1 0        everyone        0 Feb 26  1998 nm.exe
-rwxr-xr-x   1 0        everyone        0 Feb 26  1998 ranlib.exe
-rwxr-xr-x   1 0        everyone        0 Feb 26  1998 strip.exe

Any ideas why?

This is a stock install, I've done nothing else to it.

Please reply to me directly.

Thanks!!!!

--
____________________________________
Neal Richter
Software Engineer
Salt Lake Digital Imaging
528 West 100 North, Suite 100
West Bountiful, UT  84010-7019
801-294-7343
801-294-7346 FAX

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".