Subject: Re: winsup - scream!
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

8 Oct 1998 18:04:55 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <AC4D3D80B239D211BC140000F879A2BA9F@NTMAIL>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Ian Collins <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Gnu-Win32 (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Ian Collins wrote:

> (Sorry, frustration broke out).

Know the feeling ...

> ../../winsup/pipe.cc: In function `int make_pipe(int *, unsigned int,
> int)':
> ../../winsup/pipe.cc:21: `O_NOINHERIT' undeclared (first use this
> function)
> ../../winsup/pipe.cc:21: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
> once
> ../../winsup/pipe.cc:21: for each function it appears in.)

It's defined in sys/fcntl.h included by pipe.c, and so you perhaps need a 
newer newlib ...

Here's the absolute *minimum* top-level tree you need to build winsup:

-rw-r--r--   1 xxxx     yyyy       50078 Aug 29 22:48 Makefile.in
drwxr-xr-x   4 xxxx     yyyy        1024 Aug 28 16:38 config
-rw-r--r--   1 xxxx     yyyy       17042 Aug 28 16:38 config-ml.in
-rwxr-xr-x   1 xxxx     yyyy       26245 Aug 28 16:38 config.guess
-rwxr-xr-x   1 xxxx     yyyy       25306 Aug 28 16:38 config.sub
-rwxr-xr-x   1 xxxx     yyyy       47277 Aug 28 16:38 configure
-rw-r--r--   1 xxxx     yyyy       34495 Aug 28 16:38 configure.in
drwxr-xr-x   3 xxxx     yyyy        1024 Aug 28 16:40 include
-rwxr-xr-x   1 xxxx     yyyy        6338 Aug 29 22:48 install-sh
drwxr-xr-x   4 xxxx     yyyy        2048 Aug 28 16:41 libiberty
-rwxr-xr-x   1 xxxx     yyyy       47793 Aug 28 16:38 ltconfig
-rw-r--r--   1 xxxx     yyyy       72373 Aug 28 16:38 ltmain.sh
-rwxr-xr-x   1 xxxx     yyyy        4650 Aug 28 16:38 missing
-rwxr-xr-x   1 xxxx     yyyy         869 Aug 29 22:47 move-if-change
drwxr-sr-x   5 xxxx     yyyy        1024 Aug 24 18:03 newlib
-rwxr-xr-x   1 xxxx     yyyy         977 Aug 28 16:38 symlink-tree
lrwxrwxrwx   1 xxxx     yyyy          13 Sep 15 00:35 winsup
-rwxr-xr-x   1 xxxx     yyyy        2732 Aug 28 16:38 ylwrap

This is what I do:
  
  - get a newlib and winsup snapshot
  - copy out of the other pieces from b19 source tree (actually mine are a
    bit different, but that shouldn't matter).
  - fix EXE_LDFLAGS variable in winsup/Makefile.in so that winsup/utils/
    programs link with the correct libcygwin.a.

Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".