Subject: Re: Building an import lib from a DLL - egcs 1.1
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

8 Oct 1998 18:04:54 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Thomas Nichols <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Thomas Nichols wrote:

> but the only docs I can find at Mumit's site are the ones on *creating*
> reloc DLLs, which I'd already studied. I tried
> 
> dlltool --output-def mSQL.def --export-all-symbols --dllname mSQL.dll

Sorry, but dlltool isn't designed for this. You can use a combination
of 'nm' and 'sed' etc if the DLL doesn't have symbols stripped.

> from Mumit Khan, saying that he used the Borland BC5 "impdef" tool to do
> what I'm trying to do.

Actually, the pointer I gave was a version by Colin Peters, which
coincidentally has the same name as Borland's one. I also suppliedo
in that message an URL to a microsoft's version that you can download.

One of these, I'll just break down and write one of these from scratch
so that there is no copyright/licensing issues with the ones you get
from the net. That day may be far away however ...

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".