Subject: Re: fileutils (and some b20 status)
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

8 Oct 1998 18:04:52 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Larry Hall <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jan Tomasek <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

On Tue, Oct 06, 1998 at 10:16:32PM -0400, Larry Hall wrote:
> 
> Practically in unison, I made the same observation.  I did, however, use
> the fileutils package that was part of the distribution and noticed that
> df does not build by default.  I didn't investigate why this was the
> case.

This is detected by the configure script.  But in a cross-build of
Cygwin32 fileutils, df would not be selected as something to build.  I
just added what was necessary to get this to work right.

So, df will be in the upcoming b20 release.

While I'm at it, some b20 status:

1) I'm now at the point of trying to take care of a veritable plethora
   of misc little annoying issues like the above one.  No doubt I
   won't have time to get to all of them but I'd like to at least
   knock off more of the easy ones.

2) There are still some problems in Cygwin32 that we need to resolve
   before b20 goes out the virtual door.  This includes the @file
   support/sed problem that people have reported, some SEGVs that
   people are getting during configures with the latest Cygwin32,
   etc...

3) I had been waiting for Anders Norlander's changes to the windres
   resource compiler to make it through the assignment/approval
   process.  I was finally able to check the changes in yesterday so
   that's no longer an issue.  :-)

4) Cygnus' internal version of EGCS has some additional patches that
   the official EGCS 1.1 doesn't have yet for various reasons.  One
   such patch is the one that makes GCC_EXEC_PREFIX unnecessary.
   Since we're going to use EGCS 1.1 as the compiler in b20, I want to
   make sure that all of the patches I care about are present.

I'm still shooting for this month sometime...

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".