Subject: Building RCS 5.7 with egcs-1.1-cygb19 fails
From: [email-masked] (Karel Sprenger)

8 Oct 1998 13:36:13 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: Cygnus Solution GnuWin32 Mail List <[email-masked]>

Hello,

As I wanted to have a Cygwin32 version of RCS and couldn't find one
prebuild, I set out to build it from the available sources.  However, both
with the normal B19 gcc and with egcs (both 1.0.2 and 1.1) the make script
aborts with the message

../conf.sh: configuring has_map_fd, has_mmap, has_madvise, mmap_signal ...
make[1]: *** [conf.h] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Does this ring a bell with somebody?  I am completely out of my depth here
and only hoped it would all work automagically.  Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Karel Sprenger <[email-masked]>               | phone: +31-20-525 2302
Informatiseringscentrum                     |        +31-20-525 2741
Universiteit van Amsterdam                  | fax  : +31-20-525 2084
Turfdraagsterpad 9, NL-1012 XT  AMSTERDAM   | home : +31-20-670 0942
*** PGP Public Key available on servers *** | email: <[email-masked]>
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".