Subject: Compiling Bison-generated parsers with MS VC++?
From: [email-masked] (Christopher David Hundhausen)

8 Oct 1998 03:12:35 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

I've used VC++ (v 5.0) to successfully compile a flex-generated lexical
analyzer (lex.yy.cpp).  I did this by using the trick of creating a dummy
(empty)  uinstd.h file (this trick was recently suggested on this mailing
list).

The next step is to get VC++ to compile a bison-generated parser that
makes use of MFC classes.  Does anyone have any suggestions on
how to get this to work?  At present, my compilation results in
the following error messages:

/cygnus/b19/share/bison.simple(327) : error C2065: 'yyerror' : undeclared
identifier
/cygnus/b19/share/bison.simple(333) : error C2065: 'alloca' : undeclared
identifier
/cygnus/b19/share/bison.simple(387) : error C2065: 'yylex' : undeclared
identifier

Once I get the parser to compile, what will I need to do to get
everything to link properly with my MFC app?  Is there a gnu-win32
object file that I need to include in the link? Does anyone have any
advice?

Please send you responses directly to me ([email-masked]), in
addition to posting them to the list.

Thanks in advance,
:-)Chris

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".