Subject: winsup - scream!
From: [email-masked] (Ian Collins)

7 Oct 1998 14:49:45 -0700
Message-ID: <AC4D3D80B239D211BC140000F879A2BA9F.cygnus.gnu-win32@NTMAIL>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "Gnu-Win32 (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

(Sorry, frustration broke out).

I am trying to compile winsup.

I loaded cdk-src.tar into /usr/src.
I got winsup-980929.tar.bz2 from
ftp.cygnus.com/pub/noer/winsup-snapshot.
and extracted it.

Following Mumits advice from an earlier posting, I ran,
mkdir obj
cd obj
.../configure --prefix=/Cygnus/B19 \
    	--exec-prefix=/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32 i386-cygwin32

(I presume that is a space before the last i386, and not a slash).

I then type make all-target-winsup, and got the error,

/usr/src/obj/gcc/xgcc -B/usr/src/obj/gcc/ -B/usr/src/obj/newlib/
-L/usr/src/obj/
../winsup -idirafter /usr/src/obj/./newlib/targ-include -idirafter
/usr/src/newli
b/libc/include -nostdinc -c -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -g -O2
-I../../winsup/incl
ude -I../../winsup -I../../libstdc++/stl -I../../libio -I../libio
-I../../newlib
/libc/sys/cygwin32 -I../../newlib/libc/include
-I../../winsup/config/i386 -nostd
inc++ -o pipe.o ../../winsup/pipe.cc
.../../winsup/pipe.cc: In function `int make_pipe(int *, unsigned int,
int)':
.../../winsup/pipe.cc:21: `O_NOINHERIT' undeclared (first use this
function)
.../../winsup/pipe.cc:21: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
.../../winsup/pipe.cc:21: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [pipe.o] Error 1
make: *** [all-target-winsup] Error 2
bash-2.01$ make all-target-winsup
bash-2.01$

I also have similiar problems with newlib from the same ftp location.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".