Subject: Re: B19: Symify-type core dump stack explainer?
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

7 Oct 1998 07:20:13 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Adam Chlipala <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Adam Chlipala wrote:

> problem is.  On a side note, I had to modify the GL and GLUT header
> files to remove all APIENTRY's.. could this be the cause?  Seems
> unlikely.

Yes! You're telling the compiler the use the *wrong* calling syntax,
and it's no wonder your code crashes.

My binary release of egcs-1.1 compiles using MS OpenGL headers just 
fine (thanks to changes from Alastair Houghton), so there should be
no need. There is still one minor problem, but hopefully you won't
run into it. If you haven't upgraded your compiler toolchain, see:

  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32
  ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin32/egcs-1.1/
  ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/mingw32/egcs-1.1/

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".