Subject: Re: egcs coesisting with ming?
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

7 Oct 1998 06:43:16 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Steve Morris <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Hi Steve,

It is planned in some future release of the cdk that the default will
be to compile native code and an invocation of a special switch will
compile with the cygwin.dll.  This has been posted before, possibly
you could search the archives for this.

Also, since you seem to think it simple, perhaps you could help with
the combining effort.  You could start by testing your theories in
your own environment and posting the results.

BTW, mingw32 started out as a set of header replacements/suppliments
for the cdk and required the cdk toolset to build programs.  The
mingw32 compiler set came about for different reasons using the
mingw32 headers.  Check out Colin Peters' web pages for the whole story.

---Steve Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> 
> I would like to regularly switch between cygwin and native
development with
> gcc tools. I find it hard to believe that I really need two
compilers for
> this. They both generate executables of the same format. In my
simpleminded
> view of the world most of the difference should be in the libraries
that get
> linked against. One would think that this could be handled in
makefiles. I've
> never quite approved of these new fangled compilers that have a
secret stash
> of libraries and include files anyway. That crts.o on the link line
gave me a
> reassuring feeling that I had a clue.
> 
> Isn't it possible to get eithor of these compilers to do both things
by
> switching specs files or something? Has anyone done this? Can you
specify a
> specs file at run time?
> 
> Maintaining a single compiler would simplify my life.
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a
message to
> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
> 

==
-                \\||//
-----------o0O0--Earnie--0O0o------------
--        [email-masked]        --
-- http://freeyellow.com/members5/gw32 --
--------------ooo0O--O0ooo---------------

PS: Newbie's, you should visit my page.
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".