Subject: Re: B19: Symify-type core dump stack explainer?
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

7 Oct 1998 03:14:14 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <[email-masked]>,
Adam Chlipala <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Is there a utility that I can use to add function names to core dump
>stack tracebacks?  I've gotten GLUT and OpenGL to work with CygWin32,
>except for the small problems that all GL drawing functions besides
>glClear() crash with core dumps or standard Win32 dialog box crashes.
>Perhaps this has been tried and CygWin32 can't work well with
>opengl32.dll and glut32.dll compiled in MSVC++; I don't know.  If this
>is the case, I would appreciate a tip-off so that I don't waste my
>time.  If not, I would like information on how to figure out what the
>problem is.  On a side note, I had to modify the GL and GLUT header
>files to remove all APIENTRY's.. could this be the cause?  Seems
>unlikely.

gdb will resolve numeric addresses: l *0x12343.

You can also use addr2line.
-- 
[email-masked]
http://www.cygnus.com/