Subject: Building an import lib from a DLL - egcs 1.1
From: [email-masked] (Thomas Nichols)

6 Oct 1998 08:22:46 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Hello,

Please excuse this message if it's in the wrong place - the egcs mailing
list seems to be un*x rather than win32, is that right?

I have a DLL - mSQL.dll from the MiniSQL package at
http://www.hughes.com.au - for which I want to generate an import library
for use with the egcs 1.1 compiler. I can't get dlltool to do what I want.

I need basically the same behaviour I'd get from Watcom's wlink
    - input a DLL
    - output an import lib with stubs for all exported functions.

Can I do this? Do I have to write a manual DEF file with an entry for each
export? Do I then have to work out the size of the parameters and set the
suffix to @4, @8 etc? This is how I got the Bullet library at
http://www.40th.com - very fast database engine -working some time ago, and
I don't fancy it for the whole mSQL API. I just want to use the mSQL.dll
functions in my code while using the egcs compiler - is it possible?

Any feedback very welcome,
Thanks,
Tom.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".