Subject: Re: Installshield problem
From: [email-masked] (Max Hadley)

6 Oct 1998 02:31:39 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Cygwin mailing list" <[email-masked]>

>Do you have virus protection running?  Sometimes this can get in the
>way of what would be a normal install.  You might check out what
>authorities the user id has that you've logged in as.  You could be
>getting a bogus error for some lack of priviledge.
>
>These are only suppositions.  It is the first I've seen this posted.

Yes, I did have virus checking running - Dr Solomon's virus guard - but I
turned it off, first by disabling the service in control panel, then by
de-installing the checker. But the problem remains!

I have also tried this as adminstrator, and as my normal "don't want to do
too much damage" user account.

Max

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".