Subject: egcs coesisting with ming?
From: [email-masked] (Steve Morris)

5 Oct 1998 20:48:33 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I would like to regularly switch between cygwin and native development with
gcc tools. I find it hard to believe that I really need two compilers for
this. They both generate executables of the same format. In my simpleminded
view of the world most of the difference should be in the libraries that get
linked against. One would think that this could be handled in makefiles. I've
never quite approved of these new fangled compilers that have a secret stash
of libraries and include files anyway. That crts.o on the link line gave me a
reassuring feeling that I had a clue.

Isn't it possible to get eithor of these compilers to do both things by
switching specs files or something? Has anyone done this? Can you specify a
specs file at run time?

Maintaining a single compiler would simplify my life.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".