Subject: MINGW32 Question on test.c
From: [email-masked] (Curtis, Craig M.)

5 Oct 1998 17:36:17 -0700
Message-ID: <c=US%a=_%p=Electromagnetic_%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

I tried compiling the test.c sample file that came in the sample zip
file using two methods.  I used the jamfile with jam and it worked fine,
by allowing me to type in a string to be output in the messagebox.  But
if I try compiling it using the method outlined in the tutorial, it does
not allow me to enter a string at the console and it displays a
messagebox with garbage in it.

The commands I entered in when it did not work are as follows:
gcc -c test.o test.c
gcc -o test.exe test.o -mwindows

Is there some special mode, model, or library I need to link with to
make it work when typing it in by hand?

Thanks,
>Craig Curtis
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".