Subject: Re: Anyone got "v" to compile w/g++?
From: [email-masked] (Stipe Tolj)

5 Oct 1998 11:50:50 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <DDA85E014826D2118BE30000F6B276B315D9E5@WINNT_MAILEXCH>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Kubat, Karel" <[email-masked]>,
        GNU-Win32 <[email-masked]>

> I might be missing the obvious. How did you get files with #include
> <gl/gl.h> to compile?!

the GL headers are no part of cygwin32, that's right. Since V is
supporting mingw32 and therefore cygwin32 too. Process as follows to
compile and link the libV.a library:

0. Read the /v/mingw32/rdmw32.txt.

1. Download the GL heder files at ftp://objectcentral.com/mingw32 and
put the GL directory into /v/includew.

2. Copy /v/mingw32/commctl.h to /v/includew and add at line 43 the
following statement "&& !defined(__CYGWIN32__)". This will prevent a
link error when using cygwin32.

3. Copy /v/mingw32/Config.mk to /v/Config.mk as stated in
/v/mingw32/rdmw32.txt.

4. Change directory to /v/srcwin and say "make".

This will produce /v/lib/cygwin32/libV.a. And you can use it to compile
the other example applications or own apps.

Regards,
Stipe--
Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
Cygwin32 Porting Project
Department of Economical Computer Science
University of Cologne, Germany
http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~tolj

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".