Subject: Re: Question on tape Devices
From: [email-masked] (Corinna Vinschen)

3 Oct 1998 19:32:56 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Philip Markwalder <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Philip Markwalder wrote:
> 
> Hi I tried to tar and dd to a tape device, but I dit got to the point. I
> got all the time an error soundling like "You don't have such a device.
> Do you have any clues?

Hi, Philip,

the device handling for tapes didn't work in any b19 release,
and the first b20 release will not contain the needed code, too.

If you can't (or won't) be patient, I will send you a b19 dll,
which contains working tape and raw disk device support and
some other needful stuff (header files, new tar, cpio, mt).
Unfortunately, the dll has an `intermediate state': The tty support
doesn't work. So it runs only with standard WinNT console window.

Corinna
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".