Subject: remote gdb for a MIPS processor
From: [email-masked] (Madhu Krishnamurthy)

3 Oct 1998 06:42:07 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hello,

My question is about implementing a remote GDB on a PC. The target will
be a MIPS processor. Please allow me to give some details before comming
to the actual question. My apologies for the long message.

Our group has the task of verifying a MIPS processor. We only have an
emulated model and not the silicon. So far we have designed a board
on which sits the MIPS [emulated model]. This board itself sits 
on the PCI bus slot in a Win95 PC. This board has 128 MB memory and
provides Interrupt controller and Memory management to the MIPS 
processor.

I have implemented a VXD and a VC++ front end for this board. I can 
read/write to any memory location on this board. Also my software provides 
the PC's I/O namely the disks,Console and Keyboard to the MIPS processor.
So if we have some software running around the MIPS processor it can use
the PC's I/O using my software.

Now my task is to implement a stub for the MIPS processor to run 
on the board I mentioned before. The host machine will be the Win95 PC.
I have downloaded the Cygwin32 layer and the gdb. [with source].

I understand that I will need to provide an interface between my software
and the Cygwin32 layer.

Can someone please tell which sections of the Cygwin32 layer or the GDB
software, I will have to look at. [and modify].

I would also highly appreciate if any of you can share your experiences in
this regard.

thanks

madhu krishnamurthy
Software Engineer, Toshiba

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".