Subject: Re: xterm without the "x"
From: [email-masked] (John A. Turner)

3 Oct 1998 06:17:02 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Steven Hein wrote:
> 
> I've seen some posts from people who love having an xterm instead
> of having to use the lame DOS shell window around bash.  Is there
> any sort of an xterm-like window that can be used with NT natively--
> that is, without X?

My preference is to use shell-mode in (X|NT)Emacs, since that's what
I do on Unix as well (xterm?  what's an xterm?).

An additional benefit is that I don't need "more" or "less" either.

--
John A. Turner, Ph.D.                Senior Research Associate
Blue Sky | VIFX                      http://www.bluesky-vifx.com/
One South Road, Harrison, NY 10528   http://www.lanl.gov/home/turner/
Phone: 914-381-8400                  Fax: 914-381-9790/1
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".