Subject: Re: Q: executing shell scripts in beta 19
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

1 Oct 1998 23:52:12 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <[email-masked]>,
Borre 'Wouse' Sanders <[email-masked]> wrote:
>In Beta 18 I used to be able to execute scripts that are in the path 
>using just a 'sh scriptname' type command line.
>As of beta 19 I have to include the full path to the script, as 
>otherwise the script fails to execute, returning an error "can't open 
>scriptname".
>
>"ls -l" shows that the scripts don't have an 'x' attribute set, which 
>they should have, as they start with #! as supposedly is being 
>checked (according to the FAQ) (by sh.exe I assume). May be the 
>missing attribute is the problem. However, chmod doesn't help. Is 
>this a bug or have I missed something that will get the scripts to 
>run in the way they did in beta 18?
>
>Thanks in advance for useful suggestions.

Do you have "." in your path?
-- 
[email-masked]
http://www.cygnus.com/