Subject: Re: less, misbehaving
From: [email-masked] (Charles Wilson)

1 Oct 1998 23:14:01 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

This problem is the only thing delaying a full rollout of gnu-win at my
workplace. Can anybody help?

Charles Wilson wrote:

> I'm having some wierd problems with less, and I don't know if it's my
> environment settings, or my ncurses library, or what. I'm using less
> v332 from andy's local.tar.
>
> Less operates as expected, until I try to view a file with less than a
> full screen of data. If I execute 'less shortfile', the file is
> displayed in the terminal window, followed by the message: '[1]+
> Stopped    less shortfile'
>
> >From that point on, all (?) interactive console mode programs misbehave.
> When invoking less on a file with _more_ than a full screen of data,
> e.g. 'less longfile', the first screen worth of data is displayed
> followed by '[2]+ Stopped    less longfile'. (This identical command
> worked fine _before_ my 'mistake' with shortfile)  Ditto with vi, or
> hexedit. I can always bring the executable back to the foreground, and
> things seem to work okay after that, but this is annoying.
>
> Does anybody know what's going on? My cygwin variable is 'tty notitle
> ntea binmode'
>
> --Chuck Wilson

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".