Subject: Re: Troubles with opendir/readdir
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

1 Oct 1998 18:21:27 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <5010400027376621000002L012*.cygnus.gnu-win32@MHS>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <5010400027376621000002L012*.cygnus.gnu-win32@MHS>,
Craig Setera <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Hi...
>
>I posted to the list about a week or so ago about troubles that I'm having with
>opendir/readdir/closedir functions.  Although I know how they are supposed to
>work, when I open a directory which has a number of files in it, it is as
>though they are not seen by the functions.  I never get any errors, but I also
>never get any files.  Can anyone offer any thoughts on what I might be doing
>wrong with these functions?  I know that they must work or many other programs
>would fail.

The best thing to do would be to debug the problem using gdb.  If you have
the sources installed you can step straight into opendir/readdir to see what
what's going on.
-- 
[email-masked]
http://www.cygnus.com/