Subject: Q: executing shell scripts in beta 19
From: [email-masked] (Borre 'Wouse' Sanders)

1 Oct 1998 13:17:07 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

Hello,

In Beta 18 I used to be able to execute scripts that are in the path 
using just a 'sh scriptname' type command line.
As of beta 19 I have to include the full path to the script, as 
otherwise the script fails to execute, returning an error "can't open 
scriptname".

"ls -l" shows that the scripts don't have an 'x' attribute set, which 
they should have, as they start with #! as supposedly is being 
checked (according to the FAQ) (by sh.exe I assume). May be the 
missing attribute is the problem. However, chmod doesn't help. Is 
this a bug or have I missed something that will get the scripts to 
run in the way they did in beta 18?

Thanks in advance for useful suggestions.

-------------------------- -----------------------------------------
 Borre Sanders               Office: Océ-Technologies B.V., 3G.57
 W. de Zwijgerstraat 28       Phone: +31 (77) 359 5160
 5616 AE  EINDHOVEN          E-mail: [email-masked]
 the Netherlands          Liability: Views and opinions expressed
 Phone: +31 (40) 2452585             in this message are my own.
   WWW: http://www.stack.nl/~borre   They need not represent Océ's.
-------------------------- -----------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".