Subject: isatty() fails under inetd's telnet?
From: [email-masked] (Steve Morris)

30 Sep 1998 12:02:40 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Kubat, Karel" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

I just installed Sergey's inet package and am now trying to run ntemacs in my
telnet window. ntemacs reports "emacs: standard input is not a tty." Geoff
Voelker suggests that this is a failure of isatty(). Should telnet be doing
something it is not to make the socket look like a tty to non cygwin
applications?

Has anyone else tried this? I would like to use the same emacs from windows
and telnet. Has anyone done both with any version of emacs?

Actually, if I let myself get greedy I would like to run emacs 3 ways.

1) From Windows NT.

2) In text mode from a remote telnet client.

3) Under a remote X11 server.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".