Subject: Signals disapearing
From: [email-masked] (Vincent Sanders)

29 Sep 1998 22:38:03 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

    Greetings All , i have searched the mail archives and i dont belive this
problem has come up previously.

    My system setup is NT4 service pack 3 , cygwin 19 , egcs 1.1 ,
cygwin19.dll version 2 and the ipc/shm stuff by [email-masked]

    I am in the process of  porting an unix app that i use from unix to
windows, it uses the serial port to transfer small amounts of information
between 2 machines, in cygnus this appeared to work fine except that the
select() call on the serial filedes doesnt appear to return the correct
results , it always indicates that there is data waiting on the descriptor
when there isnt! the select call i also being used on a network stream and
that does work!!

    After much fiddleing about i decided to try the coolview dll to see if
that fixed the problem, trouble is that all the signals between the child
process performing the io and the parent cease when i use any cygwin32b19
other than version 1 or 2

    Any help would be apreciated!

    Oh also why does syslog insist on outputting to the console? how do i
just have the messages go into the application event log only?!?

Regards Vincent

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".