Subject: Re: Namespace support?
From: [email-masked] (David Young)

29 Sep 1998 15:33:14 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0 (NeXT Mail 4.2mach v148)
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "MISTY D LINVILLE" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Then find a good free Unix and free compiler (gcc++).
Use NT only if you have to or are coerced into doing so.

I can't believe your instructor would mandate such stringent requirements.
That is a bunch of baloney.

Thanks A Bunch! David Young; VVI-DCS
http://www.vvi.com

Begin forwarded message:

Comments: Authenticated sender is <linvilmd@[199.8.50.1]>
From: "MISTY D LINVILLE" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 00:12:37 +0000
Subject: Namespace support?
X-Mailer: Pegasus Mail for Windows (v2.54)
Sender: [email-masked]

Hi!  I'm a new C++ student, and I'd rather not use a commercial
compiler at this point, since I'm poor. :)  I'm interested in
Cygnus-win32, but I have some questions.  First, will the compiler
balk if I remove the .h from all the header files? (the prof likes it
this way, since it's the new VC++ standard), and secondly, will the
line 'using namespace std;' compile cleanly, in this compiler?  I'm
not even entirely sure what this line is for, but it's in every
example in the book, and VC++5 compiles it beautifully, but VC++ 4
doesn't, nor does djgpp.  I find that if I leave out that line and
say <header.h> instead of just <header>, it compiles fine, but the
prof doesn't like it.  I'd appreciate any help!

~Misty
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".