Subject: Documentation & other questions
From: [email-masked] (Alex Oren)

28 Sep 1998 16:07:34 -0700
Message-ID: <360f598d.74592448.cygnus.gnu-win32@neptune>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hello.

I just got on this list so if my questions are not appropriate here, please
direct me to where they can be (or a FAQ, if there is one).

Please keep in mind that I am not a UNIX person so I may miss the obvious.

I installed the Cygwin tools but I can't find any documentation on them.  Is
there any available?  A windows help file will be best but any other format is
fine as long as there is a tool to format/read it.

Another question: How can I convert text files between UNIX format (LF) and
DOS/Windows format (CR/LF)?  I looked at tr but it seems to me it only
performs 1-to-1 character translations.

Thanxalot!

Have fun,
Alex.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".