Subject: Namespace support?
From: [email-masked] (MISTY D LINVILLE)

28 Sep 1998 08:47:33 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

Hi!  I'm a new C++ student, and I'd rather not use a commercial 
compiler at this point, since I'm poor. :)  I'm interested in 
Cygnus-win32, but I have some questions.  First, will the compiler 
balk if I remove the .h from all the header files? (the prof likes it 
this way, since it's the new VC++ standard), and secondly, will the 
line 'using namespace std;' compile cleanly, in this compiler?  I'm 
not even entirely sure what this line is for, but it's in every 
example in the book, and VC++5 compiles it beautifully, but VC++ 4 
doesn't, nor does djgpp.  I find that if I leave out that line and 
say <header.h> instead of just <header>, it compiles fine, but the 
prof doesn't like it.  I'd appreciate any help!

~Misty
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".