Subject: Re: Make addity?
From: [email-masked]

26 Sep 1998 22:44:35 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

In a message dated 9/26/98 5:12:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[email-masked] writes:

> where can I get source or binaries to the version of make (3.77)
>  listed above, if indeed it does fix it? 
ftp://ftp.gnu.org has had the make-3.77 source from the time it was announced.
Many mirrors have been slow to pick it up.  It was a tremendous improvement
over earlier versions for me on W95 and has worked trouble-free on NT,
hpux10.20, and irix6.4.

"makefile:48: *** missing separator.  Stop.

To me this is a serious problem; it occurs when I add new lines or
delete lines entirely. It happens whether or not I have a unix or dos
line type. The only way I can get around it is to keep my makefile on a
unix box on the internet and make changes there and ftp it across,
because once I change the length of the file or add lines or whatnot, I
get this seperator problem. "

I'm not sure I understand this.  Do you wind up with a mixture of <LF> and
>CR><LF> terminated lines after editing?  Is your editor set up to expand tabs
upon insertion? If so, turn it off or use a different editor.  

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".