Subject: Re: Win95 osr1 vs. osr2
From: [email-masked] (jeffdb)

26 Sep 1998 13:48:37 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <VA.00000155.041696e1@verns-desktop>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

OSR2 install usbsupp.exe

OSR1 set CYGWIN32=tty in config.sys or autoexec.bat & start from a .lnk
not a .pif set your other env vars in $HOME/.bashrc

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998 10:53:23 CDT, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I just installed the cygnus win32 beta 19.1 environment  on a desktop 
>with Win95 OSR1 + a few additional patches, and a laptop with Win95 
>OSR2 and most current patches. The OSR2 version seems to be fairly 
>stable, but the OSR1 locks up at frequent but somewhat random places.
>
>Is this something I can fix somehow? I have cleaned up the DOS paths 
>and set up the PIF paths everywhere I can find, to an equal level, as 
>near as I can find. Or is this something inherent in pre OSR2 Win95? Or 
>is there a particular Win95 patch that I need? Is there a more recent 
>level available that might address this? Or do I need to apply for an 
>upgrade to my desktop PC to one of those new ones they are giving out 
>now that have OSR2 or even Win98 on them?
>
>Werner Kliewer
>Manitoba Public Insurance
>
>"A computer without COBOL and FORTRAN is like a piece of chocolate
>cake without ketchup or mustard."               -- John Krueger
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".