Subject: programs wont read/write stdin/stdout under bash
From: [email-masked] (Stuart Maclean)

25 Sep 1998 23:12:23 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

HI all, I'm having trouble getting compiled C (cygwin19beta gcc) or
java (sun jdk) programs to communicate with stdin and stdout when
exec'ed from bash (cygwin19beta) under NT4.  reading from stdin always
produces an eof and writing produces no input.  It seems as though the
child process hasnt got open file descriptors 0,1 or 2.

I suspect I am being incredibly dumb here. Any help gratefully
appreciated.

stu

-- 
Stuart Maclean, Research Associate
University of Washington
ITS Research Program, College of Engineering
Box 352500
Seattle, WA 98195-2500
Tel: (206) 543-0637
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".