Subject: Including .dll portions in binary?
From: [email-masked] (Lewis Beard)

25 Sep 1998 20:45:54 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Gnu-Win32 Mailing List <[email-masked]>

All,

Is there a way, during the linking process or at some other time, to
extract the portions of the cygwin32b19.dll (or whatever it is) and
attach them into the binary I'm making. I ask because once I have a
binary, I don't want to have to install the cygnus stuff on my target
box, and it seems that the .dll is big. Is there any way to make pure
stand-alone binaries? I know there are GPL issues, but both of these PCs
are my PCs and nothing is for sale and nothing is being re-distributed.

If there is no solution, then no big deal. I can just dump the .dll in
the windows or windows/system dirs.

Thanks,

Lewis
-- 

Lewis W. Beard   601-292-5267   [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".