Subject: Re: problem with SGI STL (was: Newbie getting started...)
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

25 Sep 1998 19:56:37 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Kimball Thurston <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Kimball Thurston wrote:

> No worries. I've been trying to figure out why the SGI STL (now shipped with egcs, I guess) doesn't
> compile <string>, _even under the SGI compiler_!!!! I've tried egcs, SGI CC 7.1.x under Irix, MS VC++
> 5.0. All to no avail.

There are various versions of SGI STL. EGCS unfortunately ships with an
older version, not the current one from SGI. Unless you have some specific
need for the SGI's version, might want to stick with what's distributed.

Do you have problems with libstdc++/egcs string? There have been others
who have successfully used SGI latest with egcs, but it takes a bit of
work.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".