Subject: compiler parse errors in socket.h
From: [email-masked] (mike agee)

24 Sep 1998 06:05:51 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

I am trying to compile using Win32 sockets rather than Unix sockets. I have performed the steps described in the FAQ to make this happen (i.e To use the vanilla Win32 winsock, you just need to #define Win32_Winsock and #include "windows.h" at the top of your source
file(s). You'll also want to add -lwsock32 to the compiler's command line so you link against libwsock32.a. ).

Anyway I get the following compiler errors. The parse errors seem to be associated with lines that reference function prototypes returning pointers???

Any help would be appreciated.

/** ERROR MESSAGE OUTPUT FROM GCC **/
In file included from C:\\CYGNUS\\B19\\H-I386~1\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i386-cygwin32\\2.
7-B19\\../../../../i386-cygwin32/include/windows.h:66,
                 from gettime.cpp:2:
C:\\CYGNUS\\B19\\H-I386~1\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i386-cygwin32\\2.7-B19\\../../../../i38
6-cygwin32/include/Windows32/Sockets.h:783: parse error before `__attribute__'
C:\\CYGNUS\\B19\\H-I386~1\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i386-cygwin32\\2.7-B19\\../../../../i38
6-cygwin32/include/Windows32/Sockets.h:818: parse error before `__attribute__'
C:\\CYGNUS\\B19\\H-I386~1\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i386-cygwin32\\2.7-B19\\../../../../i38
6-cygwin32/include/Windows32/Sockets.h:821: parse error before `__attribute__'
C:\\CYGNUS\\B19\\H-I386~1\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i386-cygwin32\\2.7-B19\\../../../../i38
6-cygwin32/include/Windows32/Sockets.h:825: parse error before `__attribute__'
C:\\CYGNUS\\B19\\H-I386~1\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i386-cygwin32\\2.7-B19\\../../../../i38
6-cygwin32/include/Windows32/Sockets.h:827: parse error before `__attribute__'
C:\\CYGNUS\\B19\\H-I386~1\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i386-cygwin32\\2.7-B19\\../../../../i38
6-cygwin32/include/Windows32/Sockets.h:830: parse error before `__attribute__'
C:\\CYGNUS\\B19\\H-I386~1\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i386-cygwin32\\2.7-B19\\../../../../i38
6-cygwin32/include/Windows32/Sockets.h:832: parse error before `__attribute__'

-----
Free e-mail group hosting at http://www.eGroups.com/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".